GB Exhaust
+ Reply to Thread
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009

...retired......

...today....for medical reasons though.Thought i could keep working till 65/66 then go straight into Social Security Disability,but alas not.Just turned 63,so i have 2/3 years till Medicare kicks in...going to be weird not going to work.Yes i have my own"to do list" and its quite long.LT

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009

Dang brother, congrats! Hope the medical isn't too bad and the to do list isn't too long! Go ride!
    The S is for Steve. However you can call me Chicane.....As in rolling.

2011 Hayabusa. Power corrupts.

IBA member 42241

You can't love the death
    You can't love the loss
    But you can't love the excitement and the thrill
    Without knowing that that's part of it

**No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. But a large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.**

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009

....medical....

...reason is due to removal of 3/4 of my large intestine when they removed that cancer tumor from me.Gives me "potty episodes" throughout the night.I was so fatigued at work,made it just dandy to perform my duties ...felt like,i guess, a zombie,if you will. Not my idea of fun times,though. At least now, i have more time to do my "to do" list and not all crammed into just one day here,one day off there, or just two days off sporatically . Yes i will dedicate time to ride around here...maybe take a jaunt to the Bay Area and see friends and relatives.Need to get down to Sonora,CA to see my Aunt, Uncle and one cousin.Last Uncle,who was a B-17 CO during WW2,is having memory loss issues and want to see him before he can't remember those around him,me for that matter, and his time to take his"last flight" with the Big Guy upstairs. Got several mods to do to the "ole gal" that will take a chunk of time ....later on this year.LT

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006

LT, congrats on the retirement. Take a few days off before you start the "To Do List" LOL. The People I know that are retired say they did not know where they found the time to work. Enjoy it.
    AM CCS #331

1 Black 04 XB12s and 1 Red 04 XB12r

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009

..thank you...
    ....sir.Appreciate it.Already i have been getting things done that i can do ..working around the temps here(mid to upper 90's with an occasional century mark...like the heat,but not that hot)......getting stuff lined up to do the "putting off" things to do on the Buell....there's a list all to it's own....going to be building several boxed containers for my gardening endevour in the back yard...first have to get rid of a weed infestation....and then major purge of the garage which resembles a Bekins Moving and Storage facility..feel pretty embarassed going out their every time......all due to putting so much off with all the medical"issues' i went through last year.....thank the Big Guy that's behind me and i'm getting my strength back and such to take all of this on...plus i always get a sense of accomplishment and general feelin' good about myself when i get something like that done.....cross it off the ole"list"...let the fun begin........ LT

6. Join Date
    May 2008

Enjoy retirement!!!
    When I was younger I worried that my motorcycle would be the thing that killed me; now as I grow older I worry that it won’t be.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008

Originally Posted by FlynScotsman
    LT, congrats on the retirement. Take a few days off before you start the "To Do List" LOL. The People I know that are retired say they did not know where they found the time to work. Enjoy it.
    2nd the above comment. Retirement is great. Eat right, exercise a bit and go for it! Once you get in the grove you'll love it.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009

...wweeellll....
    ...i already have ,as they say, like the 82nd Air Bourne, hit the ground runnin'....been doing stuff on that list.....tryin' to get what i can before fall...all though the heat has somewhat detoured me from doin' some of the outside stuff....don't do so well in 90 degree + temps so i resort to doin' the stuff indoors with the swamp cooler goin'...that helps greatly...will have to wait till the temp drops to a comfortable range to get to doin' the outside stuff...like my ham radio(amateur radio to those who know what it really is) antennas getting put up in the back yard...have several.Getting my above ground box garden setup/built and going too ......going through the garage and purging the"Bekins Moving And Storage Facility" storage....got too much and its taking up way too much real estate,plus need to get the Buell stuff out and sorted through for several projects on the X-1 and sell what i took off of her and have collected and am not going to use( i will post what i am going to sell)..........and that's just the tip of the ole ice berg and of course fit in a ride or two......will definitely be going to Street Vibrations this year, Hot August Nights, and many car shows throughout the area.... the Reno Air Races too(love the "symphony" of sound those warbirds produce..music to my ears(listen to it all day long and not get tired/bored either) what is somewhat weird for me....getting up at 5 to 6 am and not being able to sleep in...so i start the day as if i was working,but i like it as its cooler then and i get more accomplished before it gets too hot and before the afternoon...more to report as time progresses...but all in all....AM LOVIN' IT Again , thanks for well wishes...... carry on........LT

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information