GB Exhaust
+ Reply to Thread
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009

Old School Ignition

Old School Ignition. So I am in the garage with old timers, talking about the blast. The conversation reflects on the "old" singles, what made them great. Why their sound was unique. The question came to me about Ignition. They wondered what the blast would sound like with old school points. I said, can't do..the cam turns Counter Clock wise so the HD point flyweights wont advance. So they wanted me to post...Is there any foreign flyweights that work CCW? Maybe a complete point set up? They got me wondering about the sound

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009

Not sure about bikes, but I believe Ford V8 distributors are CCW, maybe the plate and points from that could be adapted? You'd have to figure out the single rubbing block, which could be simple as grinding the rest of the lobes off, if you used the Ford shaft that is.

Come to think of it, either Oldsmobile or Pontiac engines were CCW distributors also. Who knows, you might be able to use those parts.
    The S is for Steve. However you can call me Chicane.....As in rolling.

2011 Hayabusa. Power corrupts.

IBA member 42241

You can't love the death
    You can't love the loss
    But you can't love the excitement and the thrill
    Without knowing that that's part of it

**No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. But a large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.**

Thread Information