GB Exhaust
+ Reply to Thread
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008

RANT! (Warning: Contains religious & potentially offensive comments)

When is a life a life, and when is a life simply a blob of tissue we can dispatch to the incinerator at will? Why does the media praise a woman who filibusters for hours on end, calling her a "hero", while someone who advocates for the opposite position is labeled as a person who wants to limit women's rights?

People advocate for abortion, saying that it is preferable to a young girl shackled with children at a young age. What ever happened to adoption? There are countless couples in the US who want, beg, and pray for a child to adopt. And yet, we refuse to see that (carrying a baby to full term) as a possible solution to both problems. That way, the girl isn't saddled with the responsibility of a child AND husband & wife finally get the baby they've wanted.

At what age is it no longer a blob of tissue? And if we value life this way, what's to say the next step isn't grown adults being kept alive on all kinds of medical machinery?
    Last edited by Dr. Sprocket; 06-27-2013 at 06:58 PM. Reason: grammar edit
    2007 BMW K1200R Sport
    2008 Buell Ulysses XB12X (sold)
    Mods: Rider Comfort Kit
    1985 Honda Nighthawk CB700SC (sold)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009

First things first. Lets keep things civil, kindly worded, respectful of the opinions of others. Full warning of mod/admin intervention in place if things get out of hand.

Abortion as birth control, in my mind, is summarily wrong. You did the deed, you carry the time. Period. Give the baby up for adoption, agencies will match you up with parents that will not only care for your baby but will tote the financial note as well.

I also don't support absolutes in this world. It needs to be available in rare cases such as rape, incest, imminent danger to mother for example.
    The S is for Steve. However you can call me Chicane.....As in rolling.

2011 Hayabusa. Power corrupts.

IBA member 42241

You can't love the death
    You can't love the loss
    But you can't love the excitement and the thrill
    Without knowing that that's part of it

**No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. But a large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.**

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010

This is one of those subjects that is really hard to tread upon lightly.
    I agree that abortion should not be a form of birth control. I also believe that the morning after pill, sorry PLAN B, is another one of these "solutions" that needs to be seriously regulated.
    The truth is, we live in a sick world where moral consequences are substituted with chemical and medical solutions. Everything has become disposable and nothing is sacred.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008

This world reminds me of Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World". Morality has fallen, and scientific rationale is the law. Science, by nature is amoral. Science doesn't care about what religion you believe in. The problem is that science doesn't teach morals or values. That's what allows doctors to abort human life without consideration -- without considering it to be wrong.

For me, the great irony is that the very people who advocate for abortion are able to do so only because that choice wasn't used on themselves. It's the ultimate case of don't do what I do, do as I say. What ever happened to an eye for an eye?
    2007 BMW K1200R Sport
    2008 Buell Ulysses XB12X (sold)
    Mods: Rider Comfort Kit
    1985 Honda Nighthawk CB700SC (sold)

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009

I am in agreement with everyone that abortion is wrong. However, having said that, I feel that government has no place telling a woman what medical procedures she can or cannot have. After my third child was born I decided to have a vasectomy. If law or gov't tried to regulate or forbid me to do so that would just be wrong. I understand that my procedure is not aborting a human life, but for our elected officials to try to regulate morality is just flat out wrong in so many ways.
    I do however object to the fact that my tax dollars go to subsidize these procedures for low income women. I see both sides and it is a very slippery slope no matter what side you are on. I do think that we should be doing a better job of teaching our children morality. Which, believe it or not, can be done without bringing religion into the picture. Just my .02.
    Raz
    09 translucent blue XB12Ss
    For something called "Common Sense", It's not all that common!

Thread Information