GB Exhaust
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HIDs on my XB9R

1. Join Date
    Sep 2009

You mean 410 Reprezent.

N/P Snowbird, check your PM. I think I just used 15A since I used 12ga wire.
    2009 1125CR -- Racing Red Pictures on CarDomain.com
    HID kit high/low (55W, 6000K) :: Jardine FE :: 2010 LED taillamp :: Integrated plate light :: Powerlet :: RAM GPS handlebar mount :: 9 SMT LED 192 bulb for front parking/running lamp :: Uly frame pucks :: Traction grips :: Barker's exhaust :: Removed belt gaurds :: Knight Design Sidetrax II pegs (black w/1" drop) :: EBR Race ECM :: TechSpec pads :: Shorty ASV C/5 levers :: Rizoma Track 77 LED front indicators :: "Reverse Retro" bar end mirrors :: Custom Baldwin seat

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009

Hey jeep can you take a few pics of the balast placement? I see the ignitors are on the fairings stay. I placed my high beam balast on opposite side of the flasher relay. My low beam ballast was a little harder thought. I placed it under the fairings stay but above the headlight. Zip tied to the underside of the flasher relay. I did 3m my ignitors to the fairings stay where you did.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010

Originally Posted by JeepinBueller
    You mean 410 Reprezent.

N/P Snowbird, check your PM. I think I just used 15A since I used 12ga wire.
    Hhaha, saw you joined dcsportbikes.com. The other dc sportbikes is very Virginyee affiliated

Yo dude, we put my ballasts right above my cluster gauge, 1 above each projector housing. I accidently disconnected my speedo though so be careful. Because of that and re-aiming my headlights I gotta take the whole fairing off, I can post pics of the ballasts this weekend if you want.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009

Originally Posted by Sharkie308
    Hey jeep can you take a few pics of the balast placement? I see the ignitors are on the fairings stay. I placed my high beam balast on opposite side of the flasher relay. My low beam ballast was a little harder thought. I placed it under the fairings stay but above the headlight. Zip tied to the underside of the flasher relay. I did 3m my ignitors to the fairings stay where you did.
    Sorry man the XB is gone! Been gone since December '09, actually. I had both of mine under the fairing stays on top of the headlight projector housing.

Originally Posted by b00stzx3
    Hhaha, saw you joined dcsportbikes.com. The other dc sportbikes is very Virginyee affiliated
    Yeah, I don't check in there too often. Just when I'm bored, really.
    2009 1125CR -- Racing Red Pictures on CarDomain.com
    HID kit high/low (55W, 6000K) :: Jardine FE :: 2010 LED taillamp :: Integrated plate light :: Powerlet :: RAM GPS handlebar mount :: 9 SMT LED 192 bulb for front parking/running lamp :: Uly frame pucks :: Traction grips :: Barker's exhaust :: Removed belt gaurds :: Knight Design Sidetrax II pegs (black w/1" drop) :: EBR Race ECM :: TechSpec pads :: Shorty ASV C/5 levers :: Rizoma Track 77 LED front indicators :: "Reverse Retro" bar end mirrors :: Custom Baldwin seat

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013

Wanted to ask, are the two relays necessary for this install? I just ordered the 55ww HID's from DDM and am going to install this week. Thanks!
    2004 Buell Firebolt XB12R
    My Turbo Build Project Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information